Here are some of the suggestions we give our clients for Successful Recycling:
- Most of your waste will be corrugated cardboard. To reduce volume and make storage easier, flatten and bale the corrugated cardboard. We will perform an audit and decide if it is cost effective to install a cardboard compactor.
- Include recycling information in your orientation for new employees.
- Educate the janitorial service and/or staff responsible for taking out the trash and recyclables about proper separation procedures.
- Inform grounds crews of the reasons why yard waste should not be mixed with other wastes.
- Make sure that managers of public areas in shopping complexes are provided with containers for recycling.
- Put up signs to tell customers that you recycle.
In the end, as with any change to structure, the main component of making waste reduction work is staff and customer involvement, as well as a partnership between you and Lincoln Waste. Implementing new products and programs without integrating a comprehensive training program, precluded by a waste audit, will result in failure.
Most employees are excited to implement sustainable practices at the work, especially when they feel they are doing the next right thing in terms of helping the planet. Properly training them on the Lincoln Waste Solutions system will ensure that your new sustainability programs are accepted and successful.